I normally dislike steamed or cooked vegetables. I guess it’s a texture thing. I would rather eat my vegetables raw and enjoy the crunchy sound they make. But today I wanted to be a bit more adventurous and make a new vegetable to enjoy.
Broccoli should be added to everyone’s diets. It is a good source for many vitamins and minerals including: Vitamin C, Vitamin K, iron, protein, iron and potassium. You can eat the broccoli raw or lightly steam it to preserve most of it’s nutritional value.)
In every recipe I post of mine, I remind people that I am not a professional chef … I’m just a mom of 3 who likes to throw things together in a bowl and hope for the best when I bake or cook it! So that being said, enjoy this new recipe!
BAKED BROCCOLI CAKES
2 cups of finely chopped broccoli (steamed
1 garlic clove
1 cup of fine bread crumbs (I used Panko)
3/4 cup grated cheese (sharp, marble, cheddar, whatever makes you happy)
1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Steam your broccoli for 5- 8 minutes
- In a saucepan, add oil and saute onion and garlic
- Mix broccoli, sauted onion and garlic, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and cheese
- Mix everything together
- Scoop mixture with a table spoon onto a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper and form into circles. Don’t need to be perfect here!
- Bake in over for 15 – 20 minutes – until they are golden brown underneath and the cheese is melting
My name is Rachelle and I am the owner and founder of Momentum Health & Wellness . I am devoted to inspire and promote health and wellness to individuals and families. I want to create a community where people feel motivated to share their wellness journey and to encourage one another to be positive role models in their home, at work and in the community. I offer prenatal fitness classes, postnatal fitness classes, fitcamp, personal training, injury rehabilitation, prenatal yoga and ladies night out yoga and corporate wellness.
Contact me for more information on the services I provide!