Tis the season of everything pumpkin.
Pumpkin lattes, muffins and pies.
To be honest, I don’t really love pumpkin stuff, but when I came across this muffin recipe, it has been one of my favourites for a few years now! The original recipe is from https://thenovicechefblog.com/pumpkin-cream-cheese-swirl-muffins/.
I have switched the oil with unsweetened apple sauce and used less sugar in the recipe. If you want a sweeter muffin, then add more brown sugar.
PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cup flour (I used spelt flour)
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
8 oz cream cheese
1/8 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Beat the apple sauce and sugar together
- Add the maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree
- Combine all the dry ingredients together
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon
- Mix together the cream cheese swirl mixture
- Greece the muffin cups or use muffin liners.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with muffin mixture
- Top each muffin mixture with about 1 tsp – 1 tbsp cream cheese swirl
- Using a knife, fork or tooth pick, swirl the cream cheese swirl into the pumpkin muffin mixture
- Bake 17 – 20 mins
- Let them cool and store in a air tight container in the fridge
My name is Rachelle and I am the owner and founder of Momentum Health & Wellness . I am devoted to inspire and promote health and wellness to individuals and families. I want to create a community where people feel motivated to share their wellness journey and to encourage one another to be positive role models in their home, at work and in the community. I offer prenatal fitness classes, postnatal fitness classes, fitcamp, personal training, injury rehabilitation, and corporate wellness.
Contact me for more information on the services I provide!