I love trying new recipes and making healthier muffin options for my children to take to preschool and school. Most store bought baking is full of fat and sugar … and we wonder why obesity is on the rise in children. Please parents … please start baking at home with your children. Let us start making healthier food choices and cut down on the amount of processed and store bought treats we eat!
This apple and carrot muffin recipe is super easy and is kid approved!
Whole Wheat Apple and Carrot Muffin
1/3 cup non sweet apple sauce
1/8 cup maple syrup (or 1/4 cup if you want a sweeter muffin)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup fine coconut (sweetened or not)
1 cup steamed carrots finely grated
1/2 apple pealed and grated
2 tbsp of milk if the batter is too thick
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix apple sauce, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla together
- Mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, coconut)
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add the grated apples
- Add the grated carrots (I steam the carrots so they are softer in the recipe and it helps with making the muffins more moist.
- If the batter is too thick, slowly add 1 tbsp of milk at a time
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes
My name is Rachelle and I am the owner and founder of Momentum Health & Wellness . I am devoted to inspire and promote health and wellness to individuals and families. I want to create a community where people feel motivated to share their wellness journey and to encourage one another to be positive role models in their home, at work and in the community. I offer prenatal fitness classes, postnatal fitness classes, fitcamp, personal training, injury rehabilitation, prenatal yoga and ladies night out yoga and corporate wellness.
Contact me for more information on the services I provide!