Who says you can’t look and feel good while being pregnant? Come join us for a workout that includes some light cardio, strength training, core exercises and stretching! These classes are also a great way to meet other mamas – to – be and share stories about pregnancy! The best way to learn about pregnancy is talking about it with other women!
Research has shown that healthy eating and exercising while pregnant has many benefits to both mom and baby. Such benefits are lowering risk of gestational diabetes, less complicated labour, minimizing weight gain, reducing back pain, improving self image, reducing stress, increasing energy levels,faster recovery time, and babies are less likely to be colic.
The Edmonton based prenatal fitness classes are taught by a certified instructor that has years of experience teaching quality and well- structured fitness classes to pregnant women. These classes are a way for women to stay active while pregnant and meet new moms – to – be.
It is recommended that pregnant women, who are not experiencing any complications in their pregnancy, should exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 3-4 days per week at a moderate intensity.
Prenatal Fitness Class
PRENATAL FITNESS CONSIDERATIONS
- Consult your health care provider before you exercise. You will need your health care provider to fill out the PARmed – X for Pregnancy Form before you participate in an exercise program. Click Here To Download Form
- Stay hydrated to prevent overheating
- Wear comfortable and loose fitting clothing to help regulate your body temperate while you workout
- Wear comfortable and appropriate exercise footwear
- Be aware that you might feel off balance while exercising due to the change of your centre of gravity while pregnant
WHEN TO STOP EXERCISING AND CONTACT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
- Spotting or bleeding
- Decreased fetal movement
- Uterine contractions
- Feeling of dizziness
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath