Location: Home Studio (474 Klarvatten Lake Wynd, Edmonton)
$72/ 6 week session
Starts January 11, 2018!!
The pressures and stress of our fast-paced, highly digital world can rob children of their innate peace and joy. Yoga for Children can help counter these pressures and enhance the health and wellbeing of children.
We use music, creative movement, breathing exercises, storytelling, games, affirmations, guided meditations and yoga poses to bring about a feeling of balance, happiness and peace in the children we teach. Weekly themes such as feelings, respect, gratitude and self-acceptance will be explored in an age-appropriate manner. We respect the developmental and individual needs of each child and encourage their personal growth in a fun, supportive and nurturing environment.
3-4 year olds:
Playful, beginner-level yoga poses and breathing techniques, along with fun games and songs allow little ones to gain motor coordination and release energy, while engaging stories and guided visualizations help them learn to relax and focus.
We keep our classes SMALL so each child receives the attention they deserve.
** Classes are UNPARENTED. Children MUST be potty trained.
**Please bring a yoga mat and water bottle to each class **
Benefits of Yoga For Children:
- Develops body awareness
· Enhances physical flexibility and strength
· Refines balance and coordination
· Builds focus and concentration
· Teaches calming techniques, stress-management and self-regulation
· Increases confidence, positive self-image, self-esteem and self-acceptance
· Strengthens the mind-body connection
· Allows opportunities to connect, socialize and cooperate in a non-competitive environment
· Encourages healthy habits