conference for girls
In our fast-paced, highly digital world, pressures, perceptions and stress can stand in the way of young girls’ innate peace and joy. As a result, girls are experiencing increased anxiety, difficulty with friendships, low self-confidence, and a decreased desire to participate in physical activity.
Through movement and mindfulness, inspiHER will teach our girls about strength, balance, gratitude, happiness, and most importantly, respect for themselves and others.
What: inspiHER – conference for girls
Who: Girls ages 8-12 years
When: Saturday, June 4, 2022
Time: 9-3 pm
Where: Alfred H. Savage Centre
13909 Fox Dr NW, Edmonton, AB T6H 4P3
What to expect in our full-day event:
- Physical activity (indoor and outdoor)
- Friendship building activities
- Nature walk
- Lunch and snacks
- Swag bag
What girls need to bring:
- Personal yoga mat
- Outdoor and indoor shoes
- Clothes you can easily move in; tights, jogging pants, etc.
Topics covered and the overall goal of the event:
- Physical activity and wellness – the importance of moving your body
- Friendships – the importance; characteristics of a friend and to be a good friend
- Mindfulness; how to decrease anxiety
- Finding happiness – what makes you happy?
- Speaking up for yourself
- Uniting and building community
- How to have a positive relationship with food