GIRLS ONLY : Age 7-12
Location: Outdoor Studio (474 Klarvatten Lake Wynd, Edmonton)
The pressures and stress in our fast-paced, highly digital world can rob children of their innate peace and joy. Girls Momentum and Motivation can help counter these pressures and enhance their overall health and well-being.
This GIRLS ONLY class is a combination of movement and mindfulness where we will teach them about strength, balance, gratitude, happiness and respect for themselves and others.
This class is in a fun, supportive and nurturing environment where we encourage the girls to get their energy out through physical activity and then finish each class off with a variety of self – calming and mindfulness strategies that they can practice daily. This class will be OUTDOORS.
Please dress accordingly to the weather!
We keep our classes SMALL to ensure each child gets the attention they deserve during the summer camp!
- Hand sanitizer on site ( please bring your own as well.)
- At the beginning of each class, a COVID -19 screening will be done
- Keeping safe distance between children during physical activity
- Wearing a mask is NOT mandatory
- Enhanced cleaning done in studio, on all high touch surface areas, bathroom and equipment with Health Canada approved disinfectant
**Please bring a yoga mat and water bottle to each class **
REGISTER ONLINE AND PAY VIA CREDIT CARD
Note: To register and pay via e-transfer send an email to:
Benefits of Physical Activity and Mindfulness For Children:
· Develops body awareness
· Enhances physical flexibility and strength
· Refines balance and coordination
· Builds focus and concentration
· Teaches calming techniques, stress-management and self-regulation
· Increases confidence, positive self-image, self-esteem and self-acceptance
· Strengthens the mind-body connection
· Allows opportunities to connect, socialize and cooperate in a non-competitive environment
· Encourages healthy habits