GIRLS ONLY : Age 6-10
Tuesday July 14th & Thursday July 16th
12:45pm – 3:35 pm
Location: Outdoor Studio (474 Klarvatten Lake Wynd, Edmonton)
The pressures and stress in our fast-paced, highly digital world can rob children of their innate peace and joy. Kids Momentum and Motivation can help counter these pressures and enhance the health and well-being of children. This class is a combination of movement and mindfulness for kids where we will use music, games and breathing exercises to teach the children about strength, balance, gratitude, happiness and respect for themselves and others … all outdoors!!
This class is in a fun, supportive and nurturing environment where we encourage kids to get their energy out through physical activity and then finish each class off with a variety of self – calming strategies that the children can practice daily.
We keep our classes SMALL so each child receives the attention they deserve and to keep with social distancing and with COVID19 protocols as set out by AHS.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
- Their own water bottle
- Their own yoga mat
- A HEALTHY (preferably non – packaged) small snack – that won’t be shared.
- A mask if they feel more comfortable wearing one
- Hand sanitizer (I will have some on hand, but please bring a small bottle for themselves)
- Their own journal to write in ( I will supply each child with their own crayons and craft materials – nothing will be shared)
- A backpack to store their items in
IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS of COVID19, please stay home and do not attend classes. This includes: cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
**** TO REGISTER … PLEASE CONTACT US TODAY!! OR SEND AN EMAIL TO
Benefits of Physical Activity and Mindfulness For Children:
· Develops body awareness
· Enhances physical flexibility and strength
· Refines balance and coordination
· Builds focus and concentration
· Teaches calming techniques, stress-management and self-regulation
· Increases confidence, positive self-image, self-esteem and self-acceptance
· Strengthens the mind-body connection
· Allows opportunities to connect, socialize and cooperate in a non-competitive environment
· Encourages healthy habits