GIRLS ONLY : Ages 5 – 9
5:45- 6:45 pm
Location: Home Studio (474 Klarvatten Lake Wynd, Edmonton)
Cost: $45/month ( 4 classes)
Classes Start September 7th!
The pressures and stress in our fast-paced, highly digital world can rob children of their innate peace and joy. Kids Momentum and Motivation can help counter these pressures and enhance the health and well-being of children. This class is a combination of movement and mindfulness for kids where we will use music, games and breathing exercises to teach the children about strength, balance, gratitude, happiness and respect for themselves and others.
This class is in a fun, supportive and nurturing environment where we encourage kids to get their energy out through physical activity and then finish each class off with a variety of self – calming strategies that the children can practice daily.
We keep our classes SMALL (max 4 children) so each child receives the attention they deserve and to ensure each child’s safety as per the COVID19 protocols.
In accordance to AHS and the Government of Alberta:
- I will have hand sanitizer on site ( please bring your own as well.)
- The studio will be cleaned and sanitized after each class and client with a disinfectant approved by Health Canada
- At the beginning of each class, a screening will be done and the child will be asked if they are experiencing any COVID19 symptoms or have travelled outside the country in the last 14 days.
- There will be no partner workouts during this time.
- We will space ourselves out at least 2m apart during our workouts.
- Wearing a mask is not mandatory for my workout, but if you feel more comfortable wearing them, please do so.
- You might be asked to bring your own weights for the workout
IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS of COVID19, please stay home and do not attend classes. This includes: cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
**Please bring a yoga mat and water bottle to each class **
**** TO REGISTER ****
REGISTER ONLINE AND PAY VIA CREDIT CARD
Benefits of Physical Activity and Mindfulness For Children:
· Develops body awareness
· Enhances physical flexibility and strength
· Refines balance and coordination
· Builds focus and concentration
· Teaches calming techniques, stress-management and self-regulation
· Increases confidence, positive self-image, self-esteem and self-acceptance
· Strengthens the mind-body connection
· Allows opportunities to connect, socialize and cooperate in a non-competitive environment
· Encourages healthy habits