Location: Outdoors – North Edmonton
OUTDOOR PRENATAL FITNESS CLASS FOR AUGUST!
The countdown is on until the baby arrives and the excitement and tension are building. Our prenatal fitness classes focus on strength training, light cardiovascular , core stabilization, pelvic floor exercises and relaxation breathing to help you mentally and physically prepare yourself for labour and post-baby. The classes are taught by certified and qualified trainers who have their University degree, are Certified Exercise Physiologists and Pre/Postnatal Fitness Specialists.
Pregnancy education will occur during each class. Topics such as nutrition, sleep, hormone changes, and proper exercises for pregnancy will be discussed! These classes are educational and a great way to meet other mamas to be!!
** Modifications are given for each exercise based on the participant’s fitness and comfort level **
**Please bring a yoga mat, water bottle and a set of weights to each class**
PRENATAL FITNESS CONSIDERATIONS
- Consult your health care provider before you exercise. You will need your health care provider to fill out the PARmed – X for Pregnancy Form before you participate in an exercise program. Click Here To Download Form
- Stay hydrated to prevent overheating
- Wear comfortable and loose fitting clothing to help regulate your body temperate while you workout
- Wear comfortable and appropriate exercise footwear
- Be aware that you might feel off balance while exercising due to the change of your centre of gravity while pregnant
WHEN TO STOP EXERCISING AND CONTACT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
- Spotting or bleeding
- Decreased fetal movement
- Uterine contractions
- Feeling of dizziness
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath