5:15 – 6:15 pm
Location: Home Studio (474 Klarvatten Lake Wynd, Edmonton)
$81/ 6 week session
Starts January 15,2018
The pressures and stress of our fast-paced, highly digital world can rob children of their innate peace and joy. Yoga for Children can help counter these pressures and enhance the health and wellbeing of children.
We use music, creative movement, breathing exercises, storytelling, games, affirmations, guided meditations and yoga poses to bring about a feeling of balance, happiness and peace in the children we teach. Weekly themes such as feelings, respect, gratitude and self-acceptance will be explored in an age-appropriate manner. We respect the developmental and individual needs of each child and encourage their personal growth in a fun, supportive and nurturing environment.
8-11 year olds:
Big kids develop strength, co-ordination, flexibility and balance and build confidence in themselves and trust in others as they practice more challenging individual and partner poses. Engaging in mindfulness and breath work on a deeper level, they become more self-aware and gain tools to help deal with the stresses and pressures of life.
We keep our classes SMALL so each child receives the attention they deserve.
**Please bring a yoga mat and water bottle to each class **
Benefits of Yoga For Children:
· Develops body awareness
· Enhances physical flexibility and strength
· Refines balance and coordination
· Builds focus and concentration
· Teaches calming techniques, stress-management and self-regulation
· Increases confidence, positive self-image, self-esteem and self-acceptance
· Strengthens the mind-body connection
· Allows opportunities to connect, socialize and cooperate in a non-competitive environment
· Encourages healthy habits